Healthy, creamy, delicious pasta made of plants that is surprisingly protein packed.
Sign me up! Right?!
This recipe has been highly requested as I make it at least once a week (and of course make sure to take quick snapshots to share with all of you before I dive in).
I won't chat on too much because I know you just want the recipe, so here it is:
- 1 C Soaked raw cashews (in room temp water for ~1 hour or more)
- 1 C Marinara sauce
- 1/2 C Nutritional Yeast (this is the game changer and don't get wigged out by the word yeast.. It's delicious I promise!)
- 1/2 C Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Basil
- A few shakes of garlic powder, Himalayan salt, and pepper
PASTA - I use one full box of Banza pasta or Thrive Market organic chickpea noodles
VEGGIES - Amount based on personal preference. I like a lot of veggies in mine.
- 2 C Broccoli chopped
- 1/2 C onion chopped
- Soak your cup of cashews and leave for at least an hour.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the box. I add in some Himalayan salt to keep them from sticking.
- Sautee your broccoli and onion with avocado or olive oil in a pan large enough to add in the noddles and sauce later.
- Blend all "sauce" ingredients in Vitamix or food processor until creamy and smooth
- When noodles are done add to pan with the veggies and pour the sauce over top.
ENJOY! If you make the recipe take some snap shots and share them with me!